What is a Chiropractic Adjustment?
• An adjustment is a highly skilled and precise movement usually applied by hand to a joint of the body. Adjustment loosens the joint to restore proper movement and optimize function. When a joint is adjusted, a gas bubble escapes causing the popping noise you may hear.
Who can benefit from Chiropractic Care?
• Everyone – Adults, Seniors, Children, Infants, Pregnant Women, Athletes
When should I see a Chiropractor?
• Chiropractors are highly educated and extensively trained to assess, diagnosis, treat and prevent conditions disorders of the spine, joints, muscle and nervous systems. These disorders may include back pain, neck pain, headaches, shoulder pain, elbow pain, knee pain, hip pain, pregnancy related back pain.
• Chiropractic care is helpful in managing chronic conditions such as arthritis and degenerative disc disease,
• Many patients also seek chiropractic treatment for wellness care, which aims to help the patient maintain healthy spine and muscle function which is important in preventing injury and pain.
Does Chiropractic Care require a referral from a Medical Doctor?
• No. Chiropractors are legislated as primary contact health professionals in every province in Canada. This means that patients can consult Dr. Newman directly. However, chiropractors often work closely with medical doctors, many of whom refer to chiropractors when they believe chiropractic treatment will help alleviate a patient’s condition. Similarly, chiropractors frequently refer to medical doctors when necessary.